Blog Gods, do not strike thee down!

My awesome, awesome, super delightful friend Mandy of Crafty Southern Mama was thoughtful enough to pass on a {Versatile Blogger Award} to me yesterday:


Why, thank you!

There are a few easy rules that go 
along with the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank the person who gave you the award 
and link back to them in your post.

Tell your readers seven (7) things about yourself.
Give this award to fifteen (15) recently discovered bloggers.
Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news!

I was flattered that she thought of me, but doing a proper blog post completely skipped my mind! I'm possibly just too blissed out over my Mother's Day gift. ;)

So, here are seven facts about moi:

1. I was a child bride. Alright, I exaggerate. I got married when I was 20, but we got engaged when we were 18... just about 5 months after we began dating. I don't know how my poor mother survived the trauma. But, almost 15 years later I am still happily married. To the same guy. Sometimes these things do work out.

2. I don't like ice cream. I have the sweetest of sweet teeth, but I just don't care for it. It's just so cold! My only exception is soft serve; I do enjoy that now and then, but the regular stuff I can take it or leave it. And there goes my Breyer's sponsorship.

3. I gained 25 pounds last year (obviously not because of ice cream consumption)! No, I am not proud. No, I did not need to gain weight in any way. It just happened. I blame it in part to a medication and also (mostly) on the fact that I pretty much stopped going to the gym. And also I like food. Bob Harper/Biggest Loser, feel free to contact me for sponsorhip opportunities.

4. I lived in Germany for 4 years. Did I like it? Nope, not really. Overall, Europe is charming, charming, charming... but overall, they are about 8 years behind in technology, convenience, and fashion. These things bother me! I know plenty of people who lived there and never wanted to leave, but I {LOVE} AMERICA. That said, I totally plan on visiting Europe again. Visiting. It is a lovely place to visit.

5. I like cupcakes. (Did all seven have to be NEW facts?)

6. My husband is in the Air Force, and I have never watched Top Gun (although I hear it's not about the Air Force, it is full of airplanes). It didn't start out as an intentional thing, but by now I refuse to see it just on principle.

7. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Honestly. I never had a career in mind, held random jobs until my children were born and have just gone about my own business ever since. And finance willing, I don't plan to ever get one of those "real jobs" again. Free spirit? Creative soul? Lazy? I don't know, but I'm ok with it. :)

I wish I could come up with fifteen newly discovered blogs... and these are just new to me -or- they are not blogging enough, but I am passing the award on to:








My brain is fried. That's all I can come up with!

xoxo
~Heather

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean you don't like ice cream?? It's the breakfast of champions!!! Heck, I make jewelry out of it! (sorry, just had my coffee)

    Heather, you are gorgeous!

    Great post, and thank you for choosing my blog too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather so much for the award! :) I love your 7 things.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment. I tried to reply to you, but it comes up do not reply in my e-mail. I had mine that way and didn't even know it before, until someone told me. You can change that if you want in your profile. That way if you want to reply directly to someone's comment, you can.

    Take care and have a great weekend....Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! Thank you for my award! :) You should really watch Top Gun - it is the movie the Mister and I saw on our very first date!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis