Jellybean Pizza... Yes, I am serious!



Congratulations! We made it through another week. I spent most of my day on an "arbor walk" with my son's kindergarten class. Five and six year olds are so cute. And rambunctious. And the little girls tell me I'm beautiful. I think I like them.

I did get home in time to whip up this fun and easy recipe. Let me specify: it is a kids recipe. I warned my husband that it's definitely not something you'd see on Top Chef, but The Kiddos were full of enthusiastic "Mmmmmm!"s while chewing it. So, make this for the kiddos and save the really exquisite stuff for yourself. Especially if you're at all diabetic. ;)

jbp1

First step is to make a really basic sugar cookie dough. Preheat your oven to 350 and grab:

jbpingreds1

{My 2 canister holds the sugar. You'll just have to trust me.}

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt


Cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended.

Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan. It's a good idea to flour your hands for this step. If you're like me and foolishly bought a perforated pizza pan (WHY?), you would line the bottom with parchment paper.

jbpdough


Pop it in the oven for 8 or so minutes until it's light golden brown...

While the crust is cooling, you can mix up the filling:

jbpingreds2

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract -or- lemon juice. I think lemon juice is great, but I only had vanilla today.



When the crust is cool, smooth the filling over the top and sprinkle on the jelly beans. Discard white and black jelly beans because who likes those?

jbp

Cover and chill in the fridge until serving. Easy peasy!

And just because it's Friday and I {heart} this... and Weird Al Yankovic in general. I just do, ok?




Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Easter. Remember your blessings!

xoxo
~Heather

Linking up to:


Tidy Mom



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm! Looks delightful! I hope you kept the white jelly beans for me - those are my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea!!!
    Jennifer
    http://craftyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and kid-friendly idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Deanna @ www.shadytreediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Every Creative Endeavor! I love this idea. Your pictures are fantastic! I love the way you write also. I'm pretty much just hooked on you right from the start. I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!!!! That looks delicious!!! I'm visiting from the ECE blog hop!! Now, you and I would be great friends....I'm in Deer Valley, not too far from you and I always scrap off my frosting so you can have all mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea!!
    I would love it if you joined my linky party @ {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    xoxo, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. How yummy! I'll take a slice! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis